What is MySwimathon?
Not close enough to any of the host venues? Offered sessions not suiting your schedule? There are lots of reasons why you might be unable to attend an Open Water Swimathon organised session, but that does not mean that you cannot take part.
By choosing the MySwimathon entry option, you can take on your challenge from Friday 30 August – Sunday 15 September at a location and time that suits you.
You will still be able to raise money for Marie Curie and Cancer Research UK and we'll send you your swim cap and medal in the post!
In a nutshell, MySwimathon rules are:
- You can swim one of the set challenges (Individual 500m, Individual 1.5k, Individual 2.5k, Individual 5k, Team 1.5k, Team 5k) or your own set distance.
- You must complete your swim in one session, between Friday 30 August and Sunday 15 September.
- MySwimathon is NOT part of an organised Open Water Swimathon session. Please choose a safe place to take on your challenge. We recommend that you swim at a registered open water swimming venue.
- Please note, you will have to pay your venue's normal entry fee (as well as the Open Water Swimathon registration fee).
- Please complete your challenge during the venue's organised swimming sessions.
- Please wear your Open Water Swimathon swim cap, which will be sent to you by post in September.
- Submit your final time within your Swimmer Login area at openwaterswimathon.org/login and then we will send your medal to you in the post.